Care of hypertension has the greatest potential for lives saved of any intervention in medicine, yet only about half of Americans with hypertension have well-controlled blood pressures. This webinar will work through the 2017 ACC/AHA guideline toward evidence-based strategies to improve detection of elevated blood pressures, speed initiation of treatment, and propose team-based strategies for the long-term management of hypertension.
We're going to work by webinar to:
- Define hypertension by the 2017 ACC/AHA guideline
- Identify treatment cut-points for lifestyle modification and drug initiation
- Identify patient barriers to medication adherence
- Identify community resources for improved hypertension care
- Propose team-based strategies for implementing and sustaining quality hypertension care
CME will be provided by the Medical Society of Sedgwick County